Effective date January 1st, 2019
First of all, we respect your privacy and pay great attention to the protection of your personal data. This Policy helps you to understand:
- the privacy data we collect;
- why we collect the privacy data;
- what we do with the privacy data.
The information below will elaborate on these three topics. Please read it carefully as it is very important.
If you have a question or a complaint, please contact us via privacy@UBLION.com.
We collect the following types of personal data
1. Information you provide to UBLION
If you register to UBLION’s online portal, API’s and / or the Service, you will give us your personal data such as name or e-mail address for creating your account.
You send us information which may contain personal data when you want us to help you with one of our products (support and Request information) or to receive information about UBLION and/or our products.
We collect information about our products and websites that you use and how you use them. For example, when you use the UBLION Portal for document recognition, visit our websites, use our API’s and use our mobile applications:
- Local storage
We may collect and store information like a cookie on your device using local storage of your browser or application.
- Device information
We collect information about your device (such as type and version of your browser and operating system, type and model of your device, unique identifiers about your device). We DON’T associate your identifiers with your other information that we have collected.
- Log information
When you use our products or review the information we send you, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- information how you used our products and websites
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- technical information about your device
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your product account
- Location information
- We use your IP address and the other log information to determine your location to understand what language to use for you and for statistical purposes to improve our products and websites.
- Unique application numbers
Our products usually have a unique identification number. This number can be sent to us from your device when you launch, register and install or uninstall a specific product. Our product periodically connects to our servers for automatic updates or sends statistical information about your use of our product.
2. Why does UBLION collect the data?
We will use the information we collect from all of our products and websites to deliver, support, protect and improve them and develop new products and to protect us, our partners and users.
Below is the detailed list of the purposes we use this information:
- to provide you information, products and technical support that you request from us
- to let you know about changes to our products and websites
- to provide you information about other similar products we have
- to perform any agreement we have with you
- to comply with laws and regulations that are applicable to us
- to improve and check our websites so that that it will be convenient for you and your device to view content of our websites
- to monitor potentially illegal activities
- to enable you take part into interactive features of our websites when you choose to do so
- to keep our websites safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we send you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about our products
- to test and analyze statistics and survey results
We will not use or otherwise process your personal data for any other purposes, unless you provide us with your additional consent before such use. We do not use your personal data for profiling or other automated decision making without human intervention.
3. How and when does UBLION change this Policy?
4. With whom does UBLION share information collected?
For legal grounds
In some circumstances, it may become necessary for us to share your information with a government authority.
We will share information with these state authorities, partners, companies, persons or others when we feel that it is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with applicable laws, legal actions or lawful request of state authorities
- Protect our rights, property or safety, our users or others under the applicable laws
- Fulfil our obligations under our agreement with you
- Check, prevent and investigate fraud, security or technical issues
UBLION is a company with a global presence, therefore we may share your personal data with our partners. Some of them are located in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). To know more about transfers of personal data outside the EEA, contact sales at sales@UBLION.com
We may process your name, email and preferences about what UBLION products you use or would like to use with UBLION partners for marketing services.
We may process the relevant personal data that you provide to us with UBLION partners for resolving difficult technical support issues and sometimes for improving our products to provide new functions.
We may process your payment and billing data with UBLION partners for accounting purposes.
In all these cases, your information will be stored on UBLION’s secure servers. These servers can be only accessed by UBLION’s employees bound by strict confidentiality obligations on a limited need-to-know basis.
We may use our trusted partners to resolve your difficult technical support issues if they have the necessary qualifications.
We may process your name, email and preferences about what UBLION products you use or would like to use with our trusted partners for marketing services.
We may use our trusted partners to process your payment and billing data for accounting purposes.
In all these cases, your information will be stored on the partner’s secure servers. These servers can be only accessed by trusted partner’s employees bound by strict confidentiality obligations on a limited need-to-know basis.
We will never send personal data of EU citizens outside the EEA.
We use appropriate legal safeguards to protect your personal data so that data transfers are in full compliance with applicable data protection laws:
- Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by European Commission
- EU-US Privacy Shield
- Binding Corporate Rules
5. Unauthorised Access
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your personal data may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities in the countries in which we operate.
6. How do we protect your Privacy data?
- We use reasonable security measures to protect the information we have against loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification
- We continuously analyse and check our procedures of collection, storage, and use of information including training of our staff
- We use encryption for many of our products
Please note that although we work hard to protect security of our products and websites, the confidentiality of any communication or material sent to or from our products and websites cannot be guaranteed. We ask you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet.
7. How long do we store your personal data?
8. What if a child sends UBLION her/his personal data?
We do not knowingly collect information about children and do not sell or market our products intentionally to minors. Our products are for business and corporate needs. If a child whom we know to be under 16 sends personal data to us, we will use that data only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal data.
11. Your rights
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation you have the following individual rights related to your personal data:
Address: Bezuidenhoutseweg 30, 2594 AV Den Haag, The Netherlands
Phone: +31(0)88 180 5250